Are you interested in a culinary career?
Maybe you can to utilize this site as a resource to discover more about culinary careers and the type of education you will get at a culinary arts college or school in your city.
Culinary colleges educate future chefs in the concepts of culinary arts, baking, food safety and effective kitchen administration. A handful of universities also offer four-year degrees in hospitality management.
While they are being taught in appropriately designed kitchens, classmates learn grill techniques, baking, beverages, garnishments dessert creation, meal preparation, kitchen safety and universal restaurant management functions.
Traditional class subjects may include:
- Essential cooking
- Wine, spirits and other beverages
- Restaurant baking
- Kitchen tool techniques
- Commercial pastry making
- Commercial kitchen management
- Catering and banquets
These schools are aware of just how busy working adults can be, so they often include flexible course offerings helping individuals to participate in sessions during the daytime or nighttime.
Many of these institutions additionally make available to experienced students internships at a few of the good-quality area restaurants.
During graduation, you will make use of job placement assistance to help you get going with your new career as a chef, along with extended assistance all throughout your long career.
See these good options:
- Culinary Arts
- Baking & Pastry Arts
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Culinary Arts
- Pastry Arts
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
A student in AL has career alternatives through additional classes.