Thinking about majoring in culinary arts?
We hope you will to utilize our website as a tool to find out more on culinary arts career opportunities and the type of training you might receive at a culinary college in your town.
Culinary institutions train prospective chefs in the basics of culinary arts, baking, pastries and effective kitchen administration. Certain universities also offer bachelor’s degree programs in hospitality management.
While being taught in properly designed kitchens, enrollees study grilling, baking, sauteing, garnishing, pastry creation, meal planning, food safety practices and general commercial kitchen management strategies.
Standard lesson topics normally include:
- Essential cooking
- Wine and beverages
- Kitchen tool techniques
- Commercial pastry baking
- Restaurant ownership and management
- Catering and event management
These institutions recognize how busy many adults may be, so they usually provide adjustable class offerings permitting students to sign up for sessions in the daytime or nighttime.
Nearly all of these institutions also provide to experienced students paid intern positions at a number of the good-quality area restaurants.
Immediately after graduation, you may expect job placement advice to help you get going with your career as a working chef, in addition to regular help all throughout your working career.
You can begin with this list:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Service Sector Management (MS)
It could be that this just isn’t the perfect career for you after all. Check out options in Phoenix.