Are you thinking about training to become a professional cook?
We hope you will to use our site as a tool to know more about culinary arts professions and the type of instruction you could receive at a culinary college located close to you.
Cooking schools coach prospective chefs in the fundamental principles of cooking, baking and kitchen administration. Some programs also offer bachelor’s degrees in restaurant management.
While they are being taught in modern appointed kitchens, classmates study grill techniques, baking, beverages, garnishments pastry making, menu planning, food safety measures and fundamental restaurant business strategies.
Basic lesson subjects incorporate:
- General culinary arts
- Professional cooking
- Commercial pastry arts
- Wine, spirits and wine service
- Restaurant baking
- Kitchen ownership and management
- Catering and banquets
These institutions recognize just how busy working adults may be, so they often offer adaptive class offerings letting individuals to take part in training classes in the day or evening.
Nearly all of these schools additionally make available to students intern positions at a few of the well-regarded area restaurants.
Right after graduation, you can make use of job placement counseling to help you get going with your new career as a cook, combined with prolonged help through the course of your career.
Begin your research here:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Service Sector Management (MS)
It could be that this college major isn’t really right for you. So pick some other career training in CA.