Are you thinking about starting a career in the culinary field?
We hope you will be able to try our site as a tool to find out more on culinary arts career opportunities and the type of training you are able to receive at a cooking college or school in your town.
Culinary arts schools coach future chefs in the fundamentals of cooking, baking, pastries and kitchen administration. Some colleges also teach restaurant management.
While taking classes in professionally designed kitchens, enrollees study grilling, baking, wine and beverages pastry making, meal preparation, food safety procedures and conventional commercial kitchen business operations.
Standard lesson topics incorporate:
- Introduction to professional cooking
- Spirits and wine service
- Restaurant baking
- Culinary arts techniques
- Restaurant pastry arts
- Restaurant administration
- Catering and banquet operations
These institutions understand how busy working adults may be, so they generally include accommodating daily schedules enabling students to take part in training courses during the day or evening.
Just about all of these institutions even make available to experienced students intern positions at a few of the good local restaurants.
Right after graduation, you can depend on job placement advice to help you get underway in your new career as a chef, in addition to ongoing assistance over the course of your working career.
We have a short list of possible schools:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
A student in DE enjoys other education options via local classes.