Being a professional cook isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
Maybe you will be able to try this site as a tool to check out culinary careers and what sort of instruction you will see at a culinary arts school situated in your city.
These colleges coach prospective chefs in the concepts of culinary arts, baking, food safety and restaurant kitchen management. A handful of programs also offer four-year degrees in restaurant management.
While they are taking courses in professionally designed kitchens, students learn grilling, baking, sauteing, garnishes dessert making, menu preparation, kitchen safety practices and essential restaurant business functions.
Popular class subjects normally include:
- Professional cooking
- Wine and beverages
- Restaurant baking
- Kitchen tools and knives
- Commercial pastry arts
- Restaurant ownership and management
- Catering and event management
These institutions realize just how busy working adults may be, so they typically feature manageable class offerings enabling students to choose training classes in the day or evening.
Nearly all of these institutions even make available to experienced students professional internships at a few of the well-respected local restaurants.
After graduation, you may make use of career placement counselling to help you get your first job in your career as a professional cook, including prolonged guidance over the course of your working career.
This short list can get you started:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
- Culinary Arts
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Culinary Arts
- Associate of Science in Baking and Pastry Arts
- Associate of Arts in Hospitality
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
A student in FL enjoys tons of education choices from all kinds of local courses.