Could you see yourself working as a professional cook?
Maybe you can to utilize our site as a resource to learn about culinary careers and what sort of training you will see at a school in your city.
These kinds of institutions teach prospective chefs in the fundamental principles of culinary arts, pastries, baking and restaurant kitchen operations. Certain universities also offer degree programs in hospitality management.
While they are attending classes in professionally appointed kitchen classrooms, classmates study grill techniques, baking, beverages, garnishments pastry creation, meal preparation, food safety and general restaurant management operations.
Standard lesson topics include:
- Professional cooking
- Wine, spirits and wine service
- Baking essentials
- Kitchen tools and knives
- Commercial pastry making
- Restaurant administration
- Catering and banquet operations
These schools recognize just how busy working adults can be, so they normally include accommodating class schedules permitting students to sign up for training classes during the daytime or nighttime.
Virtually all of these schools additionally make available to experienced students paid internships at several of the well-regarded area restaurants.
Immediately after graduation, you can trust in job placement assistance to help you get started in your career as a chef, including ongoing help all throughout your working career.
Our list of affordable schools:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
A student in HI has more career alternatives. Consider other majors.