Are you interested in a new career as a professional cook?
We hope you will to utilize this website as a resource to find out more on culinary arts careers and what sort of education you can get at a Kansas cooking college or school located in your city.
Culinary arts colleges educate prospective chefs in the basic principles of cooking, pastries, baking and professional kitchen operations. Certain programs also offer four-year degrees in hospitality management.
While they are attending classes in properly outfitted kitchen classrooms, enrollees learn grilling, baking, sauteing, garnishes dessert creation, meal preparation, food safety measures and fundamental kitchen and restaurant management operations.
Typical lesson topics can include:
- Professional cooking
- Wine, spirits and other beverages
- Baking fundamentals
- Kitchen tools and knives
- Commercial pastry arts
- Commercial kitchen administration
- Catering and banquets
These institutions know just how busy many adults can be, so they normally offer accommodating class schedules helping participants to participate in convenient classes in the day or evening.
Many of these institutions also make available to experienced students serious internships at a handful of the good-quality local restaurants.
Right after graduation, you may expect to see job placement guidance to help you get underway in your new career as a chef, and perhaps steady support through the course of your career.
Consider these choices:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
A Kansas City student has a world of additional options, so get into something else if you want to.