Do you have an interest in becoming a professional cook?
We hope you will to use our site as a way to read more about culinary arts professions and the type of instruction you could receive at a culinary arts school located close to you.
Cooking institutions prepare potential chefs in the essentials of cooking, baking, food safety and kitchen operations. Certain programs also offer degree programs in restaurant management.
While they are being taught in modern outfitted kitchens, students learn grill techniques, baking, sauteing, garnishing, pastry creation, menu preparation, food safety measures and conventional restaurant management operations.
Traditional lesson curriculum can include:
- Introduction to professional cooking
- Kitchen tools and accessories
- Restaurant pastry baking
- Spirits and wine service
- Baking essentials
- Restaurant ownership and management
- Catering and banquets
These schools realize just how busy many adults can be, so they routinely include versatile schedules letting enrollees to participate in convenient courses in the day or evening.
Many of these institutions even make available to students serious internships at a handful of the higher-ranked area restaurants.
Upon graduation, you will make use of career placement counseling to help you get your first position in your career as a working cook, along with continuing help through the course of your career.
Here are today’s choices:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
A New Orleans college student has plenty of options outside of the culinary field. Consider something else in LA.