Do you have an interest in working as a professional cook?
We hope you can to try this site as a resource to learn more about restaurant employment opportunities and what sort of instruction you would receive at a cooking college in your town.
Culinary schools teach future chefs in the fundamentals of cooking, pastries, baking and effective kitchen management. A few programs also offer four-year degree programs in restaurant management.
While they are being trained in modern equipped kitchen classrooms, students learn grilling, baking, garnishing, sauteing dessert creation, menu preparation, food safety practices and standard restaurant and kitchen management strategies.
Regular class subjects include:
- Cooking fundamentals
- Spirits & wine service
- Baking basics
- Culinary arts techniques
- Commercial pastry making
- Restaurant ownership & management
- Catering & banquet operations
These schools understand how busy many adults can be, so they usually provide accommodating course offerings enabling participants to sign up for convenient courses during the daytime or evening.
Many of these institutions additionally offer to students professional intern positions at a lot of the well-respected area restaurants.
Right after graduation, you can expect to have career placement assistance to help you get your first job in your new career as a chef, and perhaps ongoing support throughout your entire career.
Some local and online schools:
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Culinary Arts
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry Arts (D)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
Not sure if this is the right career field for you? You can learn more, MI design education.