Are you thinking about getting into a different career?
Maybe you can to use this site as a way to know more about culinary occupations and the sort of education you will get at a culinary arts school close to you.
These schools coach future chefs in the fundamental principles of culinary arts, baking, pastry making and restaurant kitchen operations. A few universities also offer bachelor’s degree programs in hospitality management.
While taking courses in properly set up kitchens, classmates study grilling, baking, garnishing, sauteing dessert making, menu planning, kitchen safety and basic restaurant and kitchen management operations.
Customary lesson topics may include:
- Introduction to professional cooking
- Catering and event management
- Wine, spirits and wine service
- Baking essentials
- Aspects of culinary arts
- Commercial pastry making
- Kitchen management
These schools know how busy many adults may be, so they typically feature accommodating class schedules permitting students to participate in training courses during the daytime or nighttime.
Many of these schools also make available to students professional internships at some of the better area restaurants.
Following graduation, you can make use of job placement recommendations to help you get your first position in your career as a working chef, together with extended help over the course of your long career.
Check out some options
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Maybe this isn’t the right career field for you – other career possibilities.