Have you been considering starting a career in the culinary field?
Maybe you can to try our site as a way to check out restaurant career opportunities and the choices of instruction you would get at a cooking school located in your area.
Culinary arts institutions train potential chefs in the fundamentals of culinary arts, baking, pastry making and kitchen management. A handful of colleges also offer bachelor’s degrees in restaurant management.
While attending classes in professionally set up kitchens, enrollees study grill techniques, baking, sauteing, garnishing, pastry making, menu preparation, food safety practices and conventional restaurant and kitchen management operations.
Regular class topics include:
- Introduction to professional cooking
- Baking essentials
- Restaurant ownership and management
- Aspects of culinary arts
- Commercial pastry arts
- Wine, spirits and wine service
- Catering and banquet operations
These schools fully understand how busy young adults may be, so they usually have accommodating course offerings permitting students to participate in courses in the daytime or evening.
The majority of these institutions even make available to students serious internships at many of the better local restaurants.
Upon graduation, you may trust in job placement recommendations to help you get underway in your new career as a cook, as well as continuous support throughout your working career.
Check out some popular choices:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Maybe your career is in something else. See NV career alternatives.