Does a the culinary career sound interesting to you?
Maybe you can to use our website as a tool to find out more about culinary arts career opportunities and the options on education you are able to get at a culinary college or school located in your area.
These kinds of schools teach potential chefs in the basic principles of culinary arts, baking and professional kitchen operations. A handful of universities also have degree programs in hospitality management.
While they are taking classes in properly appointed kitchens, classmates learn grilling, baking, wine and beverages dessert making, menu planning, food safety and essential restaurant and kitchen business functions.
Popular class topics normally include:
- Commercial pastry making
- Restaurant baking
- Culinary arts techniques
- Commercial kitchen ownership and management
- Catering and banquet operations
- Fundamental cooking
- Wine, spirits and wine service
These schools are aware of how busy many adults can be, so they often feature manageable daily schedules permitting students to go to training sessions in the day or evening.
Just about all of these institutions even offer to students serious internships at several of the higher-ranked area restaurants.
Immediately after graduation, you can depend on job placement support to help you get your first position in your new career as a chef, including recurring help all through your career.
Choices to consider:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Art of Cooking (AS)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- Culinary Arts Level 1 (C)
- And more...
Look at other options, check out details on fashion design at this page.