Thinking about going to school for a culinary degree?
We hope you can to use this site as a tool to read more about culinary careers and what kind of instruction you can receive at a cooking college or school located close to you.
Culinary colleges teach future chefs in the basic principles of culinary arts, baking, pastry making and kitchen management. Certain universities also have degree programs in restaurant management.
While taking courses in professionally set up kitchens, classmates study grilling, baking, beverages, garnishments pastry making, meal planning, food safety measures and standard restaurant management strategies.
Basic course subjects normally include:
- Professional cooking
- Restaurant management
- Catering and event management
- Wine and spirits
- Baking fundamentals
- Commercial pastry making
- Kitchen tools and knives
These institutions recognize just how busy working adults may be, so they regularly will have adjustable class offerings allowing enrollees to go to convenient training courses during the daytime or evening.
Almost all of these institutions additionally make available to students intern positions at a lot of the good-quality local restaurants.
After graduation, you will trust in job placement advice to help you get your first position in your career as a working chef, together with prolonged assistance over the course of your long career.
Take a look through these choices:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (AS)
- And more...
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Cooking & Catering
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Not sure if this is the right field for you? Learn more about TX education programs.