If you love to cook, have you thought about becoming a chef?
We hope you will be able to utilize our site as a tool to learn more about restaurant professions and the type of training you are able to get at a college situated near you.
These types of institutions train future chefs in the fundamentals of culinary arts, baking and restaurant kitchen administration. Certain colleges also offer bachelor’s degrees in hospitality management.
While attending classes in modern set up kitchens, students study grilling, baking, garnishing, sauteing dessert creation, menu preparation, kitchen safety procedures and standard commercial kitchen management operations.
Normal course topics normally include:
- Cooking fundamentals
- Wine, spirits & wine service
- Baking techniques
- Aspects of culinary arts
- Restaurant pastry making
- Kitchen management
- Catering & banquets
These schools know how busy working adults may be, so they routinely provide accommodating daily schedules helping enrollees to take part in convenient classes during the day or evening.
Immediately after graduation, you can expect career placement assistance to help you get your first position in your career as a chef, along with successive help over the course of your entire career.
These schools offer degree programs:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
Baking might not be perfect for you. UT has other programs you can look at.