Is a career in the culinary field right for you?
We hope you will to try our site as a tool to check out culinary professions and the type of training you could receive at a culinary arts school located close to you.
These kinds of colleges coach future chefs in the essentials of culinary arts, pastries, baking and professional kitchen administration. A handful of colleges also offer bachelor’s degree programs in hospitality management.
While they are attending classes in appropriately outfitted kitchens, enrollees learn grill techniques, baking, wine and beverages pastry creation, meal planning, food safety practices and universal kitchen and restaurant management functions.
Ordinary lesson curriculum include:
- Essentials of cooking
- Wine and liquor
- Baking techniques
- Kitchen tools and knives
- Restaurant pastry making
- Kitchen management
- Catering essentials
These institutions fully understand just how busy working adults may be, so they frequently provide adaptive daily schedules enabling participants to go to convenient training courses in the day or evening.
The majority of these institutions also offer to students paid intern positions at a lot of the well-regarded local restaurants.
Upon graduation, you may expect job placement aid to help you get going with your new career as a cook, along with steady help through the course of your working career.
Here is a short list:
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Baking & Pastry (AS)
- And more...
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
Baking isn’t the right job for some people. See info about programs in Virginia Beach and elsewhere.