So, you’re thinking about becoming a hospitality or culinary major?
Maybe you will to use this website as a way to find out more about culinary career opportunities and the sort of training you would see at a culinary college located near you.
Culinary schools train potential chefs in the basics of cooking, baking, food safety and restaurant kitchen administration. A handful of universities also offer bachelor’s degree programs in hospitality management.
While they are attending classes in appropriately appointed kitchens, enrollees study grill techniques, baking, garnishing, sauteing dessert making, menu preparation, food safety procedures and general commercial kitchen business functions.
Basic course subjects may include:
- Introduction to professional cooking
- International culinary arts
- Spirits and wine service
- Baking techniques
- Restaurant pastry arts
- Banquet operations
- Restaurant administration
These institutions recognize just how busy working adults may be, so they typically feature flexible class offerings enabling participants to attend convenient training sessions in the day or evening.
Virtually all of these institutions additionally make available to students serious intern positions at several of the well-respected local restaurants.
After graduation, you may depend on job placement advice to help you get going with your career as a working cook, combined with steady guidance over the course of your long career.
We have a list of affordable options:
- "Apply Now to The Art Institutes - Pursue Your Passion Today."
- Culinary Arts (D)
- Culinary Arts Level 2 (C)
- Culinary Arts (BA)
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
A career in this field might not be in your future after all – InteriorDesignSchoolsGuide.com